At Henri Capitant Cambodia Association
Description of the position
The individuals selected will be required to assist in the implementation of several projects including the one which aims to make accessible to the public and Cambodian citizens a database of legislative and regulatory texts under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Justice. This may involve coordination with Ministry staff and the other partners. The individual will also be required to assist in the continuing institutional development of Henri Capitant Cambodia Association. Strong commitment in strengthening the rule of law and Cambodian institutions, research skills, methodology and human values will be required.
- Conduct legal and policy research in assigned subject matter areas to identify legislative problems, and develop policy options;
- Present researches in the form of expert opinions, policy briefs, case studies, manuals and professional publications, all of which are produced in accessible language in accordance with the needs of the partner and its staff;
- Assist the Ministry of Justice and the other partners to develop skills in international quality research;
- Assist with following up and reporting to the senior management of the Henri Capitant Cambodia Association on the ongoing projects;
- Assist with other tasks as requested by the senior management of the Henri Capitant Cambodia Association, especially in relation to the production of written documents to assist the ongoing institutional development of the Association.
Conditions & benefits
- Minimum duration: 4 months with the possibility to extend;
- This internship is not paid, with only professional expenses covered;
- The intern will have the opportunity to gain practical work experiences, dealing with law firms, legal practitioners, international development partners and the executive, legislative and judicial branches of the Royal Government of Cambodia;
- The intern will develop a portfolio of projects and network during the time of the position;
- This internship may potentially initiate the motivated candidate into a career in the legal and international development, and in the field of policy development/analysis or research.
Interested applicants should email with “Internship” in the subject line a cover letter and resume to:
The Henri Capitant Cambodia is an equal opportunity employer.
The application process will consist of an interview by Skype where necessary.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Visit us on: